with Theodore Georgedakis
Every Sunday 13:00 (new group)
Every Monday 22:00
You can check your local time vs Athens Time here:
From the easy to the most complex, from the obvious to the exceptions.
The aim of the course is to give the "tools" to the participant to adapt to each of the paths suggested by the music.
Suitable for all levels.
Includes theory and movement.
No music knowledge required.
This Musicality course is a genuine combination of approaching the music, the dance and other aspects that we need for connecting to tango. It is an essential part of an holistic approach of tango.
I am looking forward to sharing all I know with you.
Each lesson lasts around 1,5 hour.
Structure of the lesson
Each lesson is divided in 3 main parts:
- Music Theory specialized on Tango
- Great number of examples of tango pieces to support all information given
- Homework assigned - exercises that will take about 1 hour (or less) to complete.
After each lesson, you will receive:
- notes/material on tango music analysis and exercises on tango songs.
- videos with live BandoneΞ“Β³n examples, which is really helpful for recognizing in a clear way the patterns, music articulations, rhythmical forms, etc.
- video tutorials with exercises of movements to practice on, either alone or with a partner.
You will find some short examples/samples below
Musicality Course Subjects
- Rythm, Compas, Syncopas
- Structure, Forms, Phrases, Periodicity, Suffixes
- Orchestration, Melodic Lines, Musical Instruments, Phraseology per instrument.
- Analysis of Music Tracks and structure characteristics.
- Harmony and Dynamics.
Duration of Part A': 6-8 lessons
- Tango Vals
- The voice in tango, the role of the singer.
Duration of Part B': 4-6 lessons
- The 4 major orchestras:
Carlos Di Sarli | Juan D'Arienzo | Anibal Troilo | Osvaldo Pugliese
Duration of Part C': 4-6 lessons
The 5 main lines of Tango Music
The Simple Line | "Linea Canareana"
Fransisco Canaro, Fransisco Lomuto, Edgardo Donato, Orquestra Tipica Victor, Roberto Firpo
Duration of Part D1': 5-6 lessons
The Rhythmical Line | "Linea D'Arienceana"
Juan D'Arienzo, Ricardo Tanturi, Edgardo Donato, Rodolfo Biagi
Duration of Part D2': 4-5 lessons
The Lyrical Line | "Linea Fresedeana"
Osvaldo Fresedo, Miguel Calo, Lucio Demare, Carlos Di Sarli
Duration of Part D3': 4-5 lessons
The Complex Line | "Line Decareana"
Julio De Caro, Pedro Laurenz, Anibal Troilo, Osvaldo Pugliese, Alfredo Gobbi, Horacio Salgan, Astor Piazzolla
Duration of Part D4': 6-8 lessons
The Contemporary Line | "Line Piazzolleana"
Astor Piazzolla, Modern classic orchestras
Duration of Part D5': 2-4 lessons
- Las Cumparsitas
Duration of Part E': 1-2 lessons
30euro / Month (4 lessons)
10euro / Lesson
The subscription fee can be paid in two ways:
- Online banking by deposit or
- Via Paypal using a debit or credit card or if you have a paypal account through your account.
You can use the platform for the on-line lessons and meetings from your computer, laptop, tablet or mobile phone
The device you will use should have speakers or headphones (recommended), a microphone, and a web camera.
Most all of modern devices now have all of the above.
You will be emailed with all the instructions you need to connect to the platform for your attendance and participation in the course.
For those of you who are not comfortable with the technology we promise it is simpler than you imagine and we will be at your disposal to help.